WRITE WITH MIGHT CREATIVE WRITING INTESIVE COURSE IS A CRASH COURSE ON THE WRITING STRATEGIES AND TECHNIQUES YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO PUT TOGETHER FOR THAT A STAR ESSAY.
We do not believe in leaving that A star essay to chance.
At RGC Future School, we do not believe in leaving that A star essay to chance. The PSLE continuous writing component is marked holistically. An A star essay requires more than just good vocabulary and wonderful sounding phrases. Every A star essay begins first and foremost with a good plot and a good plot always begins with a good plan. Weaker writers often make the mistake of having a sketchy idea of how their story will unfold, choosing to leave the rest to chance. We want your child to Write with Might by guiding him to plan his story effectively in 3 easy-to-remember steps. Every mighty writer is taught how to:
- Process the given topic thoroughly
- Choose the picture (s) that he is most confident of building a credible plot on AND
- Insert conflict and complication into the story so that the theme is echoed clearly in the plot.
Practice makes perfect BUT only under the guidance of an experienced teacher.
Practise, practise, practise… is it really useful? At this stage, just before the PSLE, this is really what your child needs to do. While he has learnt most of the writing skills he will need, we are here to help your child put all the ingredients that make up a good story together. Our Write with Might PSLE Creative Writing Intensive Course helps your child do exactly that.
Our teachers want to help your child write with might so that his story leaves a powerful and impactful impression on the person reading and marking it.
The six ingredients needed for that perfect writing piece will be emphasised during the course so that your child writes with specific goals and writing outcomes in mind. Our specialist teachers go through every piece of writing your child turns in with a fine-toothed comb to give your child the detailed feedback he needs to become a mighty writer.
How your child will benefit:
- Learn to plan an effective story plot around the given theme and how to strategically choose which of the given pictures to use,
- Know the six ingredients that make up a great story:
- An effective setting
- A trigger event
- Conflicts/Problems inserted at the right moments in the plot
- Dramatic tension and suspense
- Characters that come alive in the story
- An impactful conclusion that echoes the theme of the story
- Use the IDEA method of breathing life into the main character in the story
- Be aware of Point of View errors in writing
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of writing topics and themes
- Build a repertoire of vocabulary phrases for effective writing through our Write with Might Booklet (an in-house compilation of curated phrases to complement the IDEA technique we encourage our writers to apply).
Give your child the writing exposure he needs by enrolling in our Write with Might PSLE Creative Writing Intensive Course this June. Do call us to register your interest early. We cap our classes at 10 pupils because we believe every child deserves the attention he needs.